Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
The RBS group in an integral part of the Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team's goal is to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information.
Within RBS, the World Wide Defect Elimination team strives to reduce the problems identified with the products. The team's primary role is to identify root cause, eliminate the defect and implement solutions to fix the issue permanently, thereby improving customer experience. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience
About the Role
As a Subject Matter Expert, you will be responsible for owning the key metrics focused towards defect elimination and deliver business value. The role requires you to work closely with senior leadership and other internal/external stakeholders, helping them make data-driven decisions, size up problems through various analysis, convert problem statements into process improvement activities & achieve closure. The individual will interact with the business, automation & technology teams to help drive operation, deploy tools & techniques and system improvements.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work at all levels with an eye for detail to achieve quality & process goals, actively seeks to understand Amazon's core values and translates those into everyday practices.
Key Performance Areas
- Own the defect elimination goal for the functional unit
- Dive deep and understand different upstream systems & processes that lead to product defects,
- Drive inputs to improve standard operating procedures, and eliminate defects through upstream process or automation fixes by working with external stakeholders
- Use data analysis to identify gaps, structure initiatives, recommend solutions and drive consensus on strategic inter-function business decisions
- Own the communication and progress updates on multiple projects, assess performance against goals and realign internal/external stakeholders on project deliverables
- Use Tableau and SQL to create dashboards by task, analyze opportunities, identify patterns and implement proactive solutions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Operations, Business, Project Management, Engineering
- 3-5 years' experience in project management, with proven success record
- Understand basic and systematic approaches to manage projects/programs
- Structured problem solving approach using Lean Six Sigma techniques to identify & fix defects
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Open-minded, creative and proactive thinking
- Pioneer to invent and make differences
- Understanding of customer experience, listening to customers' voice and work backwards to improve business process and operations
- Knowledge of SQL (Intermediate), Macros, etc.
- Experience in Advance SQL, Tableau
- Experience in Inventory management
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.