Studio Operations Associate
Amazon Product Imaging builds the world's best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for a Studio Operations Associate with interest in working in a commercial studio environment. The Studio Operations Associate contributes to the efficient flow of moving large volumes of products between the fulfillment center and Studio. This role will partner with the Studio and FC management team to identify efficiencies in workflows and communicate with team members to improve processes.
- Ensures efficient flow of physical product and supports virtual assets through stages of the studio workflow
- Follows studio guidelines to prep product for imaging, adhering to high standards of maintaining product packaging integrity
- Identifies issues with products flowing in and out of the studio and problem solves
- Continuously seeks improvements to workflow processes while maintaining current service level agreements
- Participates in kaizen events to foster a culture of continuous improvement in the studio
- Provides reporting on productivity and quality metrics to studio management team
- Responsible for adhering to studio-wide safety programs including disaster preparedness
- Responsible for providing training and work direction to temporary associates
- Supports the development of standard operating procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to stand and/or walk during shifts between 8 to 12 hours long.
- Able to lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch and/or stretch during shifts between 8 to 12 hours long
- Able to lift and move up to 49lbs.
- Able to engage in full dexterity with both hands and wrists
- Experience using computer software programs
- Basic English proficiency
- Occasional travel to nearby studios required
- Previous experience working in a high volume commercial studio
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple tasks at varying stages of completion under tight deadlines
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements, preferably with LEAN or Six Sigma methodology
- Experience providing work direction to a team of associates with diverse skill sets
- Comfortable in a culture of continuous change
- Obsession with delighting customers
- Ability to use multiple platforms and software to measure productivity and report metrics
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top