Structured Custom Design Engineer
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Custom / Structured Custom Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server infrastructure. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you'll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product's performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Work closely with Architects and provide design feedback to optimize the performance of new architectures
- Develop micro-architecture, implement, and simulate custom or structured custom circuits to realize the architecture
- Work closely with modeling, verification, validation, and test teams to ensure the circuits meet the goals and requirements (such as functionality, frequency, power, and area targets)
- Direct the physical design (layout or place & route) of the circuits in state of the art process technology nodes and ensure that the circuits meet timing checks, pass mask verification checks, power integrity checks, and reliability checks.
- Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through technical leadership, collaboration, and teamwork
- BS degree or higher in EE, CE, or CS
- 10+ years of experience as a Micro-Architect or Circuit Designer for custom or structured custom circuits working in state of the art process technologies (such as 28nm, 16nm, 7nm, etc.).
- Experience directing layout or physical implementation
- Experience with related EDA tools (such as SPICE, Schematic, Layout, Synthesis, Power Analysis, Power Integrity, Reliability, and Mask Verification)
- Coding skills in Verilog and scripting languages (such as shell, TCL, Perl, etc.).
- Strong communication, time management and technical skills
- Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and be a very effective team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer arithmetic architectures and micro-architectures desirable
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top