Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
To deliver on that mission, Amazon is looking for talented candidates who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. We're looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems and building hardware. You will work hard, have fun, and make history!
This structural analysis engineer must have a background in spacecraft development, and must be able to understand the balance between engineering judgment versus analysis rigor and when each is appropriate.
• Perform structural analysis tasks;
• Document stress analysis substantiating engineering drawings and documents;
• Support test execution, analyze results, and document verification of structural requirements;
• Support production and operation support activities through analysis of non-conformances, investigating failures, and analyzing improvements;
• Supporting configuration development and trade studies;
• Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status;
• Support internal/external design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), preliminary/critical design reviews (PDR/CDR)
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering field, or equivalent experience;
• 5+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicle structures;
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Vehicle load path definition, development of freebody diagrams and, strength analysis (both metallic and composite structures);
• Classical aerospace sizing methods;
• Experience with one or more of the following analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus (including experience with FEM modeling techniques such as boundary conditions, element types, structural idealization, bolted connections, contact, verification methods, etc.);
• Analysis of stability critical structures;
• Bolted joint calculations: bolt preload, joint stiffness, shear-tension interaction and, insert pull-out
• Master's degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, or aerospace engineering, or related field;
• Programming skills in VBA/Python/Matlab;
• CAD experience Siemens NX (or equivalent);
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age