Strategic Partner Leader, NP Healthcare
- United States
For over 14 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world's most comprehensive, secure, reliable, and broadly adopted Cloud platform. AWS offers over 200 fully featured Cloud services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 60 Availability Zones (AZs) within 20 geographic regions, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Sweden, and the UK. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world - including the largest enterprises with the most sensitive and private data, leading government agencies in intelligence, healthcare, and financial services, and the fastest growing start-ups - to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, more secure, more reliable, and more cost effective. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com.
AWS Non-Profit Healthcare is a rapidly growing, mission-driven, customer-obsessed business focused on the non-profit healthcare provider. The Strategic Partner Leader is an important member of the AWS NP Healthcare team and a key driver of partner strategy designed for the healthcare provider segment. S/he will be a trusted leader with demonstrated experience working both with leading health systems in the clinical, financial, and operating areas and with C-suite level of technical partners, including ISVs, SIs, and other technology firms helping to meet the specific needs of our health systems. This individual will be an important liaison between AWS partners and AWS NP Healthcare Sales teams, and s/he will play an active role in helping align sales and resources from health system customers, partner organizations, and AWS throughout the sales process.
The successful candidate will understand, identify, synthesize, and communicate key customer needs and will define existing gaps that will inform his/her creation and execution of a partner strategic plan for the NP Healthcare business. S/he will translate customer needs and gaps into key elements (capabilities, functions, services, and products) needed to address those needs and will map those elements to existing offerings of AWS and/or AWS consulting and technology partners. In light of that mapping, the successful candidate will identify, cultivate, organize, prioritize, and assess existing and potential partners for different types of health systems and different needs. S/he will also work across all the different internal partner groups to create and execute on a coherent plan for partner engagement, qualification, and acceleration of AWS NP Healthcare sales motions. S/he will shape and execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans that have clear and measurable ROI models.
The Strategic Partner Leader will also work closely with other key NP Healthcare leaders, including but not limited to the Head of Strategic Healthcare Solutions, to create and execute on a strategy to address generalizable and customer-specific needs and gaps and to create a path towards building and managing the creation of new products and services for NP healthcare customers (e.g., Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, predictive clinical and operational workflow management, virtual capabilities, etc.). S/he will have a strong working understanding of healthcare regulatory requirements as applicable to cloud-based technologies and will incorporate this understanding into the strategy and execution of the team's work with consulting and technology partners.
This individual will drive end-customer value by serving as the NP Healthcare point of contact for AWS portfolio of technology and consulting partners enabling our healthcare customers. The Strategic Partner Leader will develop and measure success via appropriate goals, KPIs, and metrics to communicate success in business growth to both the partners and to AWS. S/he will leverage a deep understanding of partner competencies and help partners build successful and sustainable business delivering end-customer solutions incorporating AWS cloud platform and services.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of experience in business development, sales strategy, enterprise account management, and/or product leadership
• 10+ years of experience supporting clinical, operational, and/or financial needs of health systems, with special emphasis on building and/or integrating technology and cloud-based capabilities
• 5+ years of experience working at the C-suite level and serving as a trusted advisor or peer to C-suite executives and
• Technical knowledge of healthcare provider applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• BA or BS from accredited institution in business, computer science, engineering/math or related field
• MBA and/or Masters in Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math or equivalent of 12+ years of relevant experience
• Passion for mission-based provider healthcare sector - deep understanding of how health systems (and hospitals within those health systems) operate and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystem
• Prior start-up experience as a founder or executive focused on NP Healthcare or related segments or as a practice leader or business unit owner
• Prior track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with either solutions and/or programs that have demonstrated success at enterprise customers
• Visible thought leadership on topics relevant to partners and executive decision makers on information technology in Healthcare industry
• Highly perceptive and capable of understanding the complexities of the healthcare provider business processes and enterprise IT environments, while communicating and presenting clearly to technical and non-technical stakeholders and decisionmakers
• Solutions and/or product development, technology-enabled consultative product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation roles.
• Strong customer focus, urgency, energy, and drive to solve problems and create repeatable and scalable solutions that have lasting impact
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills and strong experience presenting clear, compelling presentations to senior leadership and C-suite
• Passion for cloud technologies - deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the Los Angeles and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top