Strategic Healthcare Finance and Development Leader, NP Healthcare
- United States
Searching for candidates in States east of Mississippi River.
For over 14 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world's most comprehensive, secure, reliable, and broadly adopted Cloud platform. AWS offers over 200 fully featured Cloud services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 60 Availability Zones (AZs) within 20 geographic regions, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Sweden, and the UK. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world - including the largest enterprises with the most sensitive and private data, leading government agencies in intelligence, healthcare, and financial services, and the fastest growing start-ups - to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, more secure, more reliable, and more cost effective. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com.
Within AWS Public Sector, Non-Profit Healthcare is a rapidly growing, mission-driven, customer-obsessed business focused on the non-profit healthcare provider. The Strategic Healthcare Finance and Development Leader is an important member of the AWS NP Healthcare leadership team and a key driver of financial strategy designed for the healthcare provider segment. S/he will be a trusted thought partner and will lead complex financial analyses and help drive development relating to key areas of our business, including developing financial options and scenarios for pricing and payment models for offerings focused on the healthcare customer, developing compelling financial and business models for new solutions targeting healthcare segment, and serving as an important advisor to the NP healthcare team and to our customers in defining, quantifying, and explaining business value, benefits, total cost of ownership, return on investment, and alternative cost scenarios for healthcare solutions and services to C-suite financial executives.
In addition, the Strategic Healthcare Finance and Development Leader will be responsible for leading complex financial analyses, including assessing financial inputs, implications, and models, relating to migration to or deployment of a range of services - from compute and storage capabilities to artificial intelligence/machine learning tools to an organization's full IT infrastructure - in the AWS cloud environment. This individual will bring to our work deep experience in economic modeling of various scenarios, including: total cost of ownership alternatives for cloud-based vs. on-premises IT systems, financial modeling in asset purchases and divestitures, proforma balance sheet modeling, financial impact modeling to KPIs such as EBITDA, and financial planning work in health systems, hospitals, and/or other clinical settings. This leader will lead the assessment of comparative cost and return on investment scenarios of migrating and running applications on AWS by engaging directly with C-suite executives, finance and operations leadership, IT professionals, and influencers at all levels and will develop mechanisms to scale the complexities of these analyses across our enterprise of customers. S/he will drive complex IT infrastructure and virtualization scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, thereby shaping IT strategies and providing best insights for our NP Healthcare customers and developing repeatable mechanisms and strategies to equip the sales teams to scale relevant economic analyses.
Finally, the Strategic Healthcare Finance and Development Leader will partner with the General Manager and key leadership team members to model out strategic growth scenarios for business. S/he will thrive in a start-up environment while bringing discipline, rigor, and deep financial expertise to our work. This leader will be experienced in developing compelling business cases for offerings through sound data, excellent written and oral materials, thought leadership, and professional influence to demonstrate the value of the offerings to internal stakeholders for the benefit of our customers. S/he will help develop go-to-market strategies and models for healthcare provider-specific offerings. His/her work will be a key driver of growth in the depth and breadth of our engagement with our customers and will be a key element of the growth of the NP Healthcare business as a whole.
The successful candidate will be passionate about mission-based healthcare, eager to help transform healthcare providers using cloud-based solutions to solve many of their most complex problems, and have deep experience working with healthcare provider organizations. S/he will have a proven track record of leading complex financial analyses; creating simple, easy-to-understand, and compelling financial cases for new solutions in healthcare; driving strong data and metrics bias; understanding healthcare industry dynamics; and interacting as a trusted advisor to C-suite healthcare executives. S/he will have working knowledge of business, clinical, operational, and IT processes in healthcare and understand how cloud can help transform the processes to result in better outcomes for the patients and communities that healthcare providers serve.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• At least 10+ years of experience in senior leadership positions working in management consulting, economic business analyses, and financial modeling for healthcare providers and/or healthcare analysts
• At least 5+ years working at the C-suite level and serving as a trusted advisor or peer to C-suite executives
• At least 5+ years experience in financial modeling (including proforma income statements) for new and/or alternative offerings, products, and services, including successful pricing and/or payment models in various scenarios
• At least 5+ years of experience leading successful healthcare acquisitions and/or serving as lead financial modeler for proforma income statements and balance sheets for the buyer, seller, or financial advisor to the seller or buyer of a capital asset
• BA or BS Degree
• Highly perceptive and capable of understanding the complexities of the healthcare provider business processes and enterprise IT environments, while communicating and presenting clearly to technical and non-technical stakeholders and decisionmakers
• Deep working knowledge of business, clinical, financial, operational, and IT processes in healthcare, especially in large enterprises, and understanding of how cloud can help transform the processes to result in better outcomes for the patients and communities that healthcare providers serve
• Passion for mission-based provider healthcare sector - deep understanding of how the healthcare provider industry operates and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystem
• Strong customer focus, urgency, energy, and drive to solve problems and create repeatable and scalable solutions that have lasting impact
• Working knowledge or experience in cloud computing and its application in the healthcare industry.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Solutions and/or product development, technology-enabled consultative product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation roles.
• Passion for cloud technologies - deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
• Technical knowledge of healthcare provider applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiations skills.
• MBA and/or technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top