Strategic Customer Engagements, Deal Team Specialist, AWS
This role can be based in Singapore, Japan, or Australia
Do you have an aptitude for working with customers in large complex deals? Analyzing customer requests and creating innovative business deals to address them? Taking complex scenarios and simplifying them to fulfill customer outcomes? Then AWS has an opportunity for you!
Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) is seeking an individual for the Deal Team to support the rapid growth of the AWS business. You will be specifically responsible for working with our customers on commercial opportunities to meet their desired business outcomes while ensuring alignment with AWS business objectives. You will be involved in all phases of a deal cycle (strategy, structuring, negotiation and closure) and responsible for leading and advising on the critical final phases, from commercial agreement through to contractual closure. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of negotiating customer contracts, be a proven collaborator across internal and external stakeholders, and be a high business judgment individual.
Deal Strategy: Partner with broader internal team and work with the customer to understand objectives and analyze key business drivers.
Commercial Structure: Understanding how the AWS commercial deal structure meets the customer's desired outcomes and drivers and maximizes the value of the opportunity.
Negotiations: Drive negotiations focused on the commercial aspects of the deal and associated contractual business terms. Understand closely AWS's business objectives and how these can be aligned with customer's desired outcomes.
Closure: Negotiate the commercial deal to contractual closure, including briefing senior management and managing and coordinating all of the internal and customer stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acts as trusted advisor and thought leader in the development of the commercial strategy and deal; drives the execution phase of the deal cycle (negotiation through to contractual closure) for strategic, complex, or highly competitive commercial opportunities.
• Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles in order to achieve desired business outcomes.
• Understands developing trends in the market through analysis, and develops and rolls out best practice initiatives in support of continuous improvement.
• Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. operations, legal, etc.) and promptly resolves any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interactions.
• Degree in law or equivalent work experience
• Several years in a environment working with teams on negotiating strategic, complex, and/or competitive opportunities, and/or customer facing in a solution oriented capacity.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Fluent Japanese and High Business proficiency in English is required
• Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts
• Knowledge of AWS products and services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top