Do you have an aptitude for analyzing opportunities and creating innovative business deals? Can you take scenarios and simplify them down to the meaningful essentials while building consensus across broad stakeholder groups?
Customer (SCE) is seeking a Deal Lead (ISV segment focus) to drive engagement and manage the various critical phases of the Deal Cycle (Strategy, Structuring, Negotiations, and Closure). This role has global responsibility, and is highly partner and customer facing. The role will work closely with Amazon customers, partners, Partner Network (APN) programs teams, partner segment leaders, and sales leaders. You will think strategically about business and go-to-market challenges unique to ISVs. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and ISV background and be a proven collaborator across multiple stakeholders, have a business background that enables them to engage at senior partner/customer levels, and has proven experience that has fostered an understanding for what is important to partners of all sizes.
Strategy: This individual will work with the Partner and Account Team to set objectives, analyze key data and ensure executive alignment and governance. The individual will be able to provide advice on the competitive situation and create an actionable strategy.
Structuring: You will be able understand the business objectives and create a that maximizes the of the opportunity and achieves business objectives.
Negotiations: You will be experienced with customer negotiations, including aspects of the deal . The individual understands the impact of business terms and pricing and can provide alternative solutions to create a mutually acceptable scenario.
Closure: Will be able to bring to closure in partnership with the customer and partner/account team and manage any contractual/legal matters for the deal, including assisting briefing senior management.
This role is based in North America.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as trusted advisor and thought leader in the development of the strategy and execution of the sales cycle (strategy, structuring, negotiation, and closure) for strategic, complex, or highly competitive partner and channel opportunities.
• Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and aiming towards goal achievement.
• Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication within the sales team and internal/external key partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction.
• Facilitates individual growth and development of Sales management,? setting objectives, performance standards and priorities, coaching and acting as role model on sales approaches and account leadership.
• Ensures disciplined sales methodology application across management groups, resulting in consistent and accurately forecasted financial results.
• Cultivate best practices through analysis and reporting in support of continuous improvement.
• Work with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, legal, etc.) as needed.
How is AWS committed to furthering our culture of inclusion?
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of technology related sales or business development experience with large deals
• 5+ years of Global SI, ISV, channel experience with expertise in a commercial program development related capacity
• Knowledge of technology sales environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us