Strategic Customer Engagement, Deal Pursuit
Do you have a knack for strategic, complex or highly competitive opportunities? Are you good at engaging customers around complex scenarios? If so, we are looking for a strong Global Strategic Initiatives Global Big Deal Pursuit Lead within AWS that is a seasoned sales professional who is able to manage the various critical phases of the Sales Cycle (Strategy, Structuring, Negotiations, and Closure) in conjunction with the Account Team and local / management. This includes the following phases: Strategy, Deal Structuring, Negotiations and Closure.
This trusted advisor senior sales role should have:
- Senior sales experience in strategic, complex or competitive selling.
- The ability to work with the account team to identify key levers and competitive positioning to formulate, set and manage the strategy with the account team.
- The ability to engage with the customer at a senior level to evaluate requirements and business outcomes.
- Lead and or play a support role (no egos) as needed based on customer pursuit. Have working knowledge of financial models (TCO, ROI, NPV).
- Bring cycle to conclusion, i.e. Contractual closure.
- Responsible for working with the field on pursuit of strategic, complex and or highly competitive pursuits.
- Brings thought leadership to market needs, generating competitive advantage on existing markets and developing new revenue streams.
- Builds a network of C-level relationships across industry, community and business groups, and with key partners and customers to stay current on issues impacting business and sales, providing meaningful strategic advice to retain and grow their business through integrated solutions.
- Stays current and informed on all new market trends and sales campaigns, understanding their objectives and relevance, and applying them across sales organization/region.
- Drives team towards expected market penetration and customers/partners' satisfaction levels.
- Inspires and influences internal stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and aiming goals achievement.
- Facilitates alignment and effective AWS communication within sales team and internal/external key partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction.
- Facilitates individual growth and development of Sales management, setting objectives, performance standards and priorities, coaching and acting as role model on sales approaches and account leadership.
- Ensures disciplined sales methodology application across management groups, resulting in consistent and accurately forecasted financial results.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts and the AWS offering.
- Support industry, sales and media events.
- Supports the development of solid references.
- Successful track record of driving adoption of new and disruptive technologies within large multinational customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top