Strategic Business Development Manager, US Federal Policy and Consular Affairs
- Arlington, VA
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. Would you like to be part of a team focused in identifying and accelerating cloud adoption for large and complex opportunities in the US Federal Policy and Consular Affairs space? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and sales skills necessary to help position Amazon information technology and services provider to modernize complex mission applications?
As part of a broader civilian sales team you will be responsible for working with large strategic Federal customers and existing account teams to qualify and pursue strategic sales opportunities for mission and enterprise related applications and datacenter migrations. You will engage with our segment sales, capture, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. These opportunities may include modernization of financial, HR, ERP, CRM systems as well as custom built mission IT systems. Your commitments will include supporting quota accountability, driving platform adoption, as well as creating public references.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with Federal Civilian customers at the CxO level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the Federal space. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Other experiences to include: experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; ability to navigate across AWS and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach; and, establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations. A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas,SaaS,PaaS) is preferred.
• Define and execute on a market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, capture, service teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators to formulate deal strategy with capture.
• Support business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings to meet customer mission requirements.
• Understand the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of enterprise sales or business development experience with quota accountability
• 7+ years' experience working directly with enterprise accounts
• 5+ years' experience selling to the Federal Government
• 3+ years of experience selling complex database, data center and cloud technologies.
• Experience selling enterprise scale IT solutions into the Federal Government
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical degree.
• Experience in working with Public Sector accounts, specifically Federal Policy Agencies (e.g. State Department, GSA, etc.).
• Solid organizational, presentation, and writing skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top