Strategic Account Manager, Managed Partners
Merch by Amazon is creating a highly scalable print on demand business for consumer products. We work with several strategic partners across entertainment, music, gaming and consumer products verticals. To support our growth, we are looking for a talented, driven, and highly analytical Account Manager with proven experience in relationship management to join the rapidly growing Merch by Amazon team.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting and groundbreaking initiative at Amazon in its early stages. We are looking for a leader with proven experience in managing complex relationships and nurturing them to success. This leader will partner with the world's largest and most influential brands in our goal to delight customers with a diverse and exciting catalog of branded merchandise. The Account Manager will drive big initiatives, build strong relationships, onboard partners, create product roadmaps, tap internal teams for marketing programs and drive revenue growth.
In this partner facing role, you will work closely at all organizational levels both internally and with partners, supporting them in the product creation process and developing a deep relationship that drives their business to thrive. You will own conceiving, developing and executing big ideas and innovative product strategies for our top brands. This diverse set of responsibilities requires a deep understanding of the partner's business, content and goals, as well as the ability to paint a clear and compelling vision around how we will work collaboratively to drive great results.
Finally, you are also expected to own the deployment, measurement and optimization of these efforts, so a passion for both data and operational excellence is a must. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with content creators, making data-driven decisions, bringing new ideas to market and influencing others.
- Understand how to develop deep relationships, nurture them to success and drive revenue growth
- Process focused, able to create and maintain best practices
- Dive deep into data. Able to communicate to internal and external stakeholders what is impacting their business
- Understanding of how content rights are managed and be able to navigate the industry
- Develop and implement ideas to streamline and improve the efficiency of our business development processes and systems
- Analyze performance results to drive improvements in the program
- Monitor the competitive and changing landscape to help inform strategic planning
- Work with content partners to drive new products ideas and execution
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years in business development or account management, preferably in technology, entertainment or fast moving business sectors
- 3+ years in content or rights licensing
- MBA or equivalent
- Deep understanding of licensing or merchandising industry
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics
- Understanding of both online and offline marketing strategy development and channel execution business
- High threshold for working and thriving in an ambiguous, fast paced environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Marketing background highly beneficial
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top