Strategic Account Manager
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Amazon Global Sales is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account Manager who can facilitate the international expansion of US based Sellers. Sales of products by third-party sellers on our websites represent more than one-third of units sold, and the Seller Services business is growing faster than our Retail business. As an organization, Amazon Global Sales is highly influential by coordinating across sales organizations globally, Product teams, and Category teams.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for not only managing and prioritizing a portfolio of seller accounts, but taking ownership in driving seller success projects, and owning goals and reporting on particular categories or countries. This person will directly interface with sellers to facilitate all stages of their global expansion. The best candidate will drive and create proposals, business cases, and responses to customers' business requirements and take a consultative approach.
This role will focus on building win-win relationships with sellers to increase engagement and adoption of growth-driving programs. The role is focused on driving international business growth for some of the most influential sellers on the Amazon. An Account Manager will drive seller satisfaction by delivering a high level of service through strategic insights and relentlessly high operational standards. In this role, you will be the influencer building and executing strategic joint business plans with your sellers and collaborating with them to explore innovative ways to identify and execute new selection, merchandising, and operational improvement opportunities.
Successful Account Executives will:
• Build strong relationships with your sellers; be a trusted advisor and the single POC for their issues, questions, requests, escalations, and concerns
• Liaise with other internal departments as necessary to resolve seller issues and questions quickly and with high quality
• Work with a sense of urgency to drive and deliver goals while maintaining a high quality of work.
• Operate with a continuous motor to identify and motivate potential sellers to expand globally.
• Drive business reviews with sellers and do analysis to understand sales trends and drivers and develop recommendations on how to grow the business.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the specific market segments, seasonality and global business trends/events
• Partner with other Amazon teams including Category Management (CMMs), Program Development, and other Global Selling teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth in existing seller base
• Demonstrate excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using centralized resources, policies and procedures
• Partner with internal teams to surface defects, data and anecdotes to drive improvements on behalf of their sellers
Scope of work and Time distribution
80% - Account Management
10% - Special Projects
5% - Documentation
5% - Meetings/Trainings
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English language
• 2+ years of sales or account management experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Phone/Volume outbound activity experience
• E-Commerce industry or related industry experience
• Enterprise Sales or Account Management experience
• Highly consultative and solution-oriented
• Analytical skill and highly data driven
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity
• Experience with international trade and/or logistics
• Additional language capability a plus (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin)
Back to top