Storage Specialist Solutions Architect - AWS National Security
- Herndon, VA
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Storage Solutions Architect to support our National Security customers in the Northern Virginia + Washington, DC area.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Are you excited to help the Intelligence Community (IC) to leverage and manage massive amounts of data in the cloud? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand big data and storage architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Are you eager to learn from diverse customer uses cases? Come join us!
AWS National Security is looking for an experienced Storage Solutions Architect to guide our customers with best practices and to help shape the future growth of our big data and storage services. As a storage Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an authority on architectures that leverage AWS services to increase availability and drive down costs for our customers.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Strategic Sales teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and to help drive the adoption of AWS big data and storage services. Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for our customers by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our storage services. As our portfolio of storage services continues to grow, you will leverage your passion for learning to come up to speed quickly. As an SME, you will be called upon frequently to present to customers and other AWS teams. To help our field teams understand how to integrate AWS storage options into customer architectures, you will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Design Customer Solutions. Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs.
• Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Big Data, Storage, and Analytics Services.
• Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
• Exhibit Thought Leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Analytics Solutions that benefit customers.
• Enable the AWS SA community to design cost-optimized, secure, scalable, big data and storage architectures
• Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Olivia Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 5+ years architecture/pre-sales experience
• 5+ years with enterprise IT storage architectures and how they integrate into large-scale production applications
• 3+ years of experience with advanced storage technologies such as replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity
• Degree in computer science, software engineering, or math highly desired; or equivalent work experience.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• Professional experience architecting or operating cloud solutions
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of storage, database, or data warehousing.
• Understanding of AWS Storage Services such as S3, Glacier, Elastic File System (EFS), AWS Storage Gateway (SGW), and Snowball. Use of AWS in production a plus.
• Experience working with cloud storage and complex cloud based storage architectures is highly desired.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations is highly desired
• Technical enablement experience through content creation and speaking engagements
• Scripting experience (Powershell, Python, bash, etc.)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top