Startup Project Manager, Amazon Transportation Eng Services
- Flexible / Remote
Are you interested in joining a world-class Operations Engineering organization? Amazon is seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee and coordinate the execution of successful new build infrastructure and expansion/retrofit projects in our network. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who are comfortable leading complex projects.
This individual will lead a team of support personnel and coordinate the resources required to launch new and complex projects with the goals of achieving timelines, staying within budget, and driving standardization within our network. Ideal candidates will have experience managing small to medium capital projects greater than $1M up to $50M with aggressive schedule commitments. The Project Manager must be capable of leading and coordinating schedule of multiple vendors at the same time. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing at all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Detailed coordination of multiple material flow and installation schedules of vendors that are all interdependent.
• Responsible for managing overall project budget and approving all purchase orders/invoices.
• Contributes to developing comprehensive budgets during project conception.
• Active participant in vendor and Amazon safety policies.
• Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned program, project, or sub-task.
• Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading.
• Is capable of taking accountability while providing status, asking for help, and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary.
• Acts as the Company representative with vendors and suppliers during project execution.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity within the project including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
• Responsible for overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live dates.
• Experience in a distribution environment and knowledgeable in material handling equipment such as pallet racking, conveyor, and fork trucks.
• Possesses a technical and detail oriented background and has the ability to "roll up their sleeves" and jump in if needed.
• Work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation.
This role will include frequent travel to all North America locations, upwards of 80%.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
• Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
• Experience developing and managing project budgets
• 2-5 years of experience in project management and implementation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook
• Preferred qualifications
• Master's degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
• Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
• 5-7 years of experience in project management and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful
• PMP Certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top