Staffing Coordinator-High Volume Hiring
The Staffing Coordinator (SSC) performs a variety of staffing duties under the direction of the Staffing Manager or Staffing Specialist, including providing administrative support to the Seasonal Staffing Team in the recruiting and hiring process for seasonal Amazon associates. As a Sr. Staffing Coordinator, you will be responsible for driving assignments and projects which require on-time delivery of components from multiple people in order to be completed successfully. The SSC is expected to apply previous high volume hiring or staffing experience and judgment to operate independently and quickly learn to operate at full functionality in the position.
Primary responsibilities include:
Community engagement/sourcing efforts
- Partner with local community groups such as workforce development agencies or local community colleges to leverage grassroots sourcing channels to develop talent communities to fill positions.
- Support scheduling and execution of hiring events on a regular basis to build and maintain an appropriate funnel of candidates for openings.
- Ensure candidates are provided an overview of
- Ensure all New Hire associates are loaded in the Labor Planning tool prior to orientation
- Ensure New Hire Orientation is effectively executed as well as conduct portions of the New Hire Orientation
- Ensure all Seasonal Associates complete all required paperwork
- Manage process with appropriate departments to ensure seasonal associates have appropriate access and permissions.
- Ensure accuracy of candidate pool information through monitoring NHO attendance, auditing Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and projected labor planning needs.
- Ensure data integrity in HRIS (PeopleSoft) systems. Daily maintenance of HRIS systems: partnering with Centralized Funnel Management team to ensure candidates are hired correctly, appear correctly in all systems and have needed access through badges/permissions to function within their role.
- Coordinate with managers, using labor tracking tools, to ensure employees are on the correct schedule patterns.
- Prepare reporting for turnover and absenteeism metrics for seasonal hourly associates.
- Track and maintain statistics on effectiveness of Recruitment though weekly reports on recruiting data for presentation to HR leadership and business partners
- Ensures all documents are scanned in to the digital file management system
- A completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in staffing or human resources administration or a related field, or equivalent years of education and related experience.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required.
- Working knowledge of HRIS or Applicant Tracking Systems are preferred.
Prior experience working in Human Resources and/or Staffing functions are preferred
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with a strong focus on customer service required.
- Ability to work with very diverse groups of people at all levels of authority.
- Strong professional commitment to the successful development and maintenance of a highly complex staffing team.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills as well as the ability to balance several priorities from multiple sources required; flexibility and adaptability in dealing with rapidly changing priorities and demands necessary.
- Ability to work in a complex organization that is fast-paced and constantly changing to meet current challenges. This position must function in this environment on a daily basis and react quickly to meet pressing needs.
- Must have strong initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines under pressure while maintaining accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent follow through on commitments, using sound judgment with the ability to recognize and handle sensitive/confidential information.
Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. In addition, coordinators may be asked to travel within a region or set of sites to support on-going hiring needs.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top