Amazon is a pioneering, dynamic, and energetic company that thrives on unique and peculiar ways. We take pride in our single-minded obsession over customer satisfaction, and our ability to maintain a curious and vibrant culture no matter how large the company grows. We endeavor to build our legacy as Earth's most customer-centric company, and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best. When joining our team you can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action.
If you are an accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge, then Amazon is a place where your career can flourish!
The Accounting Analyst in this position will be responsible of month end closing activities for multiple accounts, preparation of monthly/quarterly/annually reconciliations, and balance sheet analysis. This position will be key in the support to Accounting Leadership in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures and policies.
On the audit front, the Accounting Analyst will manage the response to internal and external audit requirements and will also ensure compliance with local requirements. This position will also play an important role in promoting systems/process development within departments to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to innovate processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Accounting Degree or related field with 4+ or more years of experience.
• Experience in month end closing of books of accounts / working on various sub-ledgers / accounting knowledge / balance sheet reconciliation & reporting activities
• Previous experience in Local Accounting activities for LATAM countries, special focus in Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama.
• Basic taxes and local regulations understanding.
• Advanced English level
• Knowledgeable in Excel
• Experience using Oracle Financial Applications
• Experience working on operational excellence and process improvement & simplification
• Flexible, proactive, and self-motivated
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Six Sigma defect reduction techniques
• Preferred Chartered Public Accounting certified locally in Costa Rica and/or Colombia's board