Sr.TPM - Blr
- Bangalore, India
Want to make impact to how millions of customers pay on Amazon every day?
Amazon Payment Products (APP) serves tens of millions of customers worldwide through a global portfolio of products, delighting them with best-in-class rewards, easy access to credit as well as the simplicity to sell or buy cross-border on Amazon in their local currency. The global portfolio of products APP negotiates, builds and manages includes Installment Lending, Co-brand Credit Cards and Shop with Points. APP products contribute to increasing Amazon's share of customer wallet, Prime acquisition, and Prime renewal drivers across marketplaces. To this goal, we are continually raising the bar on how our global customers pay for Amazon and integrate with 100s for banks, credit card issuers, new age digital payment networks etc. We're pushing the boundary of user-interface design, performance, scalability.
Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program management. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company-wide initiatives, launching customer facing products and being involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management skills, leading large cross-functional projects from definition to launch.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on the team:
• You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including scope definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
• You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
• At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
• You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
• You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
• You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design
• Engineering or equivalent degree from a reputed university
• 8+ years of industry experience.
• Good understanding of project and program management with 7+ yrs of experience in a fast-paced environment taking a product through its complete life cycle and delivering highly scalable and robust systems.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to influence without authority
• Obsession with customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Technology background, especially in a service-oriented environment with a deep understanding of software development.
• Proven track record of leading large cross-functional projects.
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program
• Good judgment, especially relevant in balancing long-term strategic investments with near term business goals.
• Able to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project life cycle.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience in Payments domain.
• Experience in Payment / Finance / Banking / Credit Cards domain or related area is preferred.
• Experience working on highly distributed large scale programs.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top