Sr.Technical Program Manager, Alexa Mobile
The Alexa Mobile team is looking for a Sr.Technical Program Manager to lead multiple large projects spanning multiple internal and external partners.
In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers including mobile device and mobile application developers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. As a Sr.TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Engage with mobile partners' , OEM device manufacturers, Carriers, mobile app developers, architects, hardware engineers and project managers to capture requirements and manage timelines
- Own the planning and delivery of customer products and roadmap as pertaining to enablement of Alexa on Mobile
- Manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
- Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams
- Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
- Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- 7+ years of experience in technical program management of mobile platforms, OEM devices, IoT, or embedded devices industry.
- 5+ years of experience in technical partner management handling large scale device manufacturers.
- Technical knowledge and expertise with hardware and software products relying on Bluetooth/BLE protocols.
- Experience coordinating cross functional teams in both hardware and software engineering
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
- An advanced technical degree or MBA
- Experience in the wireless (WiFi/Bluetooth), embedded computing, IoT, voice processing and web services fields.
- Knowledge of Mobile ecosystem, Android, OEMs, Certification process and SDK distribution.
- Experience with speech-related hardware systems
- Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top