Sr.Software Development Engineer - Mobile (iOS)
Intrigued by Alexa? Interested in creating something new? We are expanding Alexa on mobile, and building solutions for the mobile device and mobile application ecosystem. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains. This is a ground floor opportunity in a new team helping make Alexa an indispensable personal assistant both inside and outside the home.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Alexa Mobile team, you will architect, design, and implement state of the art voice experience on mobile platforms. In collaboration with your product and development counterparts you will incorporate customer input into our new service and coordinate software development across multiple teams, ensuring our platform and other Amazon services work well together. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver.
You have the right combination of software engineering theory and the practical experience needed to build reliable, scalable, high performance products that customers love to use. We are looking for someone with a real passion for mobile, team work, hustle, good communication, creative problem solving, learning, and having fun.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Track record of taking initiative and producing results
- Dedicated to providing the best customer experience
- Self-directed, demonstrates technical leadership, and a great teammate
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in mobile and full-stack performance, scalability, system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Extensive knowledge of iOS, Swift and Objective C
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK and writing multi-threaded apps.
- Working knowledge of AVFoundation, CoreAudio, or other Audio frameworks.
- Experience with BLE and BT protocols
- Experience with Swift and/or hybrid code, bridging headers, etc.
- Experience with version control – Git preferred
- Proficiency in object oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
- Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering exceptional UX
- Experience building scalable SDK solutions for mobile environments and third party mobile application ecosystem
- Experience working in the end-to-end stack (UI, platforms, databases, distributed systems)
- Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining public APIs
- Experience building software systems for consumer hardware devices
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- An ability and willingness to multi-task and quickly learn new technologies
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top