Sr.Software Development Engineer - Mobile
Intrigued by Alexa? Interested in creating something new? We are expanding Alexa on mobile, and building solutions for the mobile device and mobile application ecosystem. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains. This is a ground floor opportunity in a new team helping make Alexa an indispensable personal assistant both inside and outside the home.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Alexa Mobile Platform team, you will architect, design, and implement state of the art voice experience on mobile platforms. In collaboration with your product and development counterparts you will incorporate customer input into our new service and coordinate software development across multiple teams, ensuring our platform and other Amazon services work well together. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver.
You have the right combination of software engineering theory and the practical experience needed to build reliable, scalable, high performance products that customers love to use. We are looking for someone with a real passion for mobile, team work, hustle, good communication, creative problem solving, learning, and having fun.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- · Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- · Track record of taking initiative and producing results
- · Dedicated to providing the best customer experience
- · Self-directed, demonstrates technical leadership, and a great teammate
- · Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- · Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- · Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- · Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- · Possess expert knowledge in mobile and full-stack performance, scalability, system architecture, and engineering best practices.
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of Java and the JDK
- Knowledge of the Android SDK and writing multi-threaded apps and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience with caching mechanism
- Android Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components), debugging and analysis skills using ADB
- Experience with version control – Git preferred
- Proficiency in object oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
- Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering exceptional UX
- M.S in Computer Science
- Have designed and developed a complete Android app or developer facing Mobile SDK solutions from top to bottom.
- Expert knowledge of IntelliJ or Android Studio
- Web Services experience as it relates to mobile apps
- Solid understanding of Android UI paradigms from Gingerbread to Oreo (Material Design)
- Experience with protocol buffers
- You have some experience developing for other mobile platforms (iOS, Windows Phone, etc.)
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top