AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Are you interested in building a truly innovative analytics, experimentation, and user insights platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volume of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct impact on a large number of AWS users? Are you interested to build scalable services and data pipelines and exploit data science and machine learning techniques to enable data-driven decisions?
The AWS User Insights Services team is looking for Software Development Engineers to join a fast growing team. The User Insights Services team owns the services used by AWS to to gather quantitative (e.g. analytics, experimentation) and qualitative insights (e.g. user feedback, ratings) and improve AWS user experiences across all channels (web, mobile, chat). As an engineer in the team, you will have end-to-end responsibility, from helping define requirements, to delivering features that enables personalized experiences and recommendations.
If you are passionate about combining open source technologies, AWS services like Redshift and Kinesis, big data and ML techniques to help drive the future of AWS customer experience, we'd love to hear from you!
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale distributed system design, development and deployment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in building applications backed by native AWS services.
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Passion for simplicity and building highly leveraged reusable software platforms, components and APIs
- Experience with any web analytics products