Sr.Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Join Amazon in the fight against COVID-19!
Amazon is focused on protecting the and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global across all industries helps keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. Amazon has started building incremental test capacity and we are looking for a Software Engineer to assist in building the COVID-19 technology solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team to support with Public Reporting. You will be the technical lead for the team and work many other teams in Ultraviolet. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global , own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to flexible and solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large- computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
• Define, , and multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll-out changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to goals and principles.
• Guide SDEs in- and outside the team.
• Must be able to independently code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software , QA, Project/Release , and Release, etc).
• Maintain the team's high operational excellence bar and identify opportunities to further improve
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 10+ years of professional experience in software development
• 5+ years of experience managing an 2-pizza team
• Experience building distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• Strong, object-oriented and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree a plus
• Strong written/spoken communication skills
• Experience with system architecture/design
• Experience with distributed systems operating in a /high volume environment
Back to top