Sr.Quality Assurance Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Device International team (Echo Show, FireTV, Tablet, eInk Kindles) is seeking a Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned software QA professionals delivering innovative, consumer-centric product solutions to Amazon customers worldwide.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams. We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join the team that is more like a startup than a mature enterprise. QAE needs to be entrepreneurial, wear multiple hats, work in a highly collaborative environment, and own the testing process end-to-end.
Develop and implement automation plan to support international device software launches.
Work with Technical PMs and Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
Drive the creation of global test plans and test cases.
Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
Review product user interface for conformity to global design guidelines.
Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
• 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• BE/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Min 7+ years of QA experience
• Solid hands-on experience in Java/Perl/Python based automation and/or user-level Automation tools/utilities
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
• Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
• Have experience owning QA for large scale systems
Knowledge of internationalization and localization processes, tools and technology
Product experience with web services and mobile platforms
Hands-on experience in testing Linux-based devices
Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
Experience writing code for multitasking operating systems
Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Back to top