Sr.Partner Development Manager, High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced candidate to lead and manage an elite portfolio of strategic AWS technology and consulting partners focused in the High Performance Computing (HPC) segment. Your role as the senior partner development manager role will be to use these strategic HPC partners to help deliver on AWS' strategy to drive customer adoption of the AWS cloud platform.Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with your partners and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions in the HPC space, and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
We are always looking to improve and we also recognize there are many ways to lead and partner. We're looking for a Think Big leader with diversity in thought who can add to our company skillset by bringing their unique industry knowledge and creativity to our organization. At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principals. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, Diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs and is passionate about customers. We will coach the right fit.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges within HPC as well as the capacity to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with HPC and cloud.
• Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and GTM initiatives.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS alliance team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
• Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
• Build C-level relationships with our top partners and generate interest in new AWS programs focused on HPC and to invest in building solutions on AWS to meet HPC customer needs
• Engage each partner's field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
• Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals
• Ensure that AWS is each partner's preferred public cloud computing platform across all partner product lines
• Work with cross-functional groups in AWS (APN programs, solutions architecture, PR, marketing, legal, support) to deliver training, enablement programs that will enhance the capabilities, productivity and competencies of technology and consulting partners
• Prepare and give business reviews to AWS senior leaders
• Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings
• Have working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
• 10+ years of experience in High Performance Computing and knowledge of HPC Partners
• 10+ years of business development, product management or partner development experience
• Experience in managing large partners to build and roll-out programs and campaigns appropriate for their goals
• Experience in software, Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies
• Consistently exceeds key performance metrics.
• Experience engaging C-level executives.
• Presentation skills and experience articulating complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Visible thought leadership on topics relevant to partners and executive decision makers on use of technology in HPC
• Prior track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with either solutions and/or programs that have demonstrated success at enterprise customers
• Proven communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
• Technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top