Sr.Data Scientist, Prime Video
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with hundreds of thousands of titles available to stream and download on all your favorite devices - Amazon FireTV, iOS devices, Roku, game consoles and Fire Tablets. The mission of Prime Video- Product Analytics team is to drive product decisions that improve customer experience by building decision-making analytical products and deep customer insights. We are seeking a competent, curious, resourceful, and experienced Data Scientist who will work closely with other research scientists, machine-learning experts, and economists to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve optimization across all our powers our analytical ecosystem and day-to-day decision making. The scientist will also work with software engineers to put their algorithms into production. The team presents an exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest data warehouse environments. Our data warehouse is built on AWS cloud technologies such as Spectrum and Redshift for performing ETL processing of TBs of relational data.
As a Sr. Data Scientist in this team, you will solve challenging problems that require a deep understanding of the Prime Video business in the context of engagement and revenue. You will identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems in the Prime Video ecosystem, and collaborate with engineering, research, and business teams for future innovation. You need to be a sophisticated user of advanced data extraction and transformation tools (e.g Spark, python, SQL), and will need to understand the source data and be able to synthesize it down to a form suitable for answering specific business questions, machine learning and econometric modeling. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the Prime Video team.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years of experience in the field of data engineering
• Expertise in the design, creation and management of large datasets/data models.
• Ability to write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in SQL, and Python.
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling - understanding of 3NF, Star schema, etc.
• A PhD degree in a highly quantitative field (Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, etc.), or equivalent experience working as a Data Scientist.
• Experience with Amazon Redshift
• Experience in scripting languages
• Experience with architecting statistical models and deploying them into production
• Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
• Experience designing experiments, and ability to infer causal relationships
• Experience working with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specification
• Experience handling Big data volumes and performance tuning
• Exposure/Experience in Big data Technologies (hadoop, spark, presto, etc.)
• Experience working in a UNIX/LINUX environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with business owners to convert key business requirements into technical specifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top