Sr.Business Intelligence Engineer - PeopleInsight
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon PeopleInsight team is looking for Sr.Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) who enjoys the challenge of diving into complex business problems, providing data insights, and making recommendations that directly impact business. The Sr. BIE will use broad technical skills to build analytic and reporting capabilities.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
The Sr. BIE will work closely product managers, program managers, BIEs, business analysts, data scientist and data engineers to drive solutions. The BIE Manager is a leader on the team and others look to them for advice on analytical and business issues they are facing.
• Perform simultaneous large, complex, and business critical analyses that serve major parts of the business
• Develop scalable models and tools that speed up both decision making and accuracy for the team
• Be a key influencer in strategy and contribute significantly to team planning
• Show good judgement making technical trade-offs between the team's short term and long term business needs
• Navigate discordant views, find the best way forward, and influence stakeholders around a solution
• Defining, developing, and maintaining critical business and operational reports reviewed on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Analysis of historical data to identify trends and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendation
• • Collaborating with Ops and Program teams to design analytics frameworks that will support large-scale data-analysis and on-ground corrective actions
• Mining and manipulating data from database tables, simulation results, and log files
• Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects
• Understanding the broad range of Amazon's data resources, which to use, how, and when
• Modeling complex/abstract problems and discovering insights using statistics, data mining, and visualization techniques
• Helping to automate processes by developing deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards to communicate insights to the business teams
• Collaborating effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, Data Engineering teams, Analytics teams etc. to solve problems and implement new solutions
• Minimum of 10 years of industry experience
• Programming skills to extract, transform, and clean large (multi-TB) data sets.
• Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and expert SQL skills.
• Experience in data mining and optimizing database query performance.
• Knowledge and direct experience with AWS technologies.
• Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
• Theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results
• Experience with AWS Solutions, including EC2, S3, Redshift, EMR (or Hadoop), Glue, Athena
• Experience with Big Data Technologies and familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies
• Skilled at data visualization and presentation
• Superior SQL and python skills.
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Statistics in a field of experimental science
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top