Sr Wireless Network Development Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Our tier 3 support group is looking for a Wireless Engineer with a passion for wireless technology and mobile solutions. We are looking for someone to join our growing team that is responsible for supporting one of the largest and most rapidly growing .11 networks in the world.
This position will support technology standards and policies for our global wireless infrastructure. You will work closely with client engineering to develop and test new solutions while supporting our complex ecosystems of robotics, mobile devices, end user equipment and workstations. This position works with our survey teams, FC infrastructure operations team, software teams and teams.
Our OpsTech tier 3 support team has a broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys a variety of both day-to-day and long-term strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer and have a lasting impact on Amazon's fulfillment networks for years to come.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Collaborate with peer teams to collectively understand the customer problems and find technological solutions utilizing wired networking technologies.
• Provide regular constructive feedback based on data to peer teams to influence future designs that meets or exceeds the needs of our customers.
• Identify and own continuous improvement opportunities that reduce operational impact to customers and enable them with scalable, resilient and cost optimized services.
• Dive deep on complex problems that involve networking technologies to resolve customer issues, identify root causes, document and develop corrective actions.
• In collaboration with design teams, evaluate new technologies. Own lab testing, proof of concept, run books, standardization, tools, and pilot deployment.
• Innovate and automate infrastructure testing, deployment, operations and life cycle management
• Be a part of Global support organization that provides 24x7 escalation support on shift rotation basis. Some night and weekend support may be required.
• Follow standard policies and practices established by the team and Amazon. Participate in developing and updating new processes and tools.
• Participate in hiring and developing top talent at Amazon.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years' professional experience for every 1 year of education.
• 5+ years professional experience designing and supporting large scale Wireless environment.
• Working knowledge of wireless networking technologies (.11), , , Linux, and/or related technologies.
• Deep understanding of fundamentals and packet capture analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 8+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience in deploying or supporting Cloud Services technologies.
• Experience operating high-density AP and client deployments
• Working knowledge of / technologies and concepts, including , , and STP.
• Working knowledge of Cisco/Mist solutions in large scale global deployments
• Experience automating in , Perl, or other languages.
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Air magnet or other site survey software.
• CCIE (lab) or equivalent certifications.
Back to top