Sr. Web Development Engineer
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians a confidential and effective way to give feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connections leverages real time information to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
Your role as a Senior Web Developer on the Operations Analytics Team will be to develop web applications that give a face to many of our existing products that are built in various underlying languages and technologies. We are looking for a candidate who can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team. You should be a talented and experienced full stack web developer with expertise in both front-end and back-end development. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies.
The successful candidate will be analytical and have an extremely high level of customer focus. A passion for creating highly-scalable web-based applications is a must. You will be interfacing with cross-discipline teams including data scientists, researchers, analysts, product managers, and will be helping to gain insight and requirements from internal customers themselves, so a passion for analytics and data visualization is ideal.
- Experience with Web fundamentals (HTML, CSS, jQuery)
- Experience with Database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB)
- Experience with front-end build systems (Gulp, Grunt, webpack, etc.)
- Excellent project management & communication skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in an agile environment
- BS in Computer Science or related Technology Degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with RedShift Databases and the full suite of AWS services
- Experience with UX design best practices and collection of relevant product requirements
- Ability to quickly translate simple mockups to prototypes interfaces
- Experience in creating efficient, scalable web interfaces for consumers with various technical proficiencies
- Familiarity with API creation and RESTful services
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top