Sr. Visual UX Designer - Alexa App
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Device Design Group has launched revolutionary products like Echo, Fire TV, Alexa Communications, and more. Are you interested in joining the studio to lead Amazon's next innovation?
The Alexa Mobile design team is looking for a Senior Visual UX Designer to help us shape the future of the Alexa App and on-the-go experiences. This role will drive product vision and craft visually compelling UI designs within our cross-functional team through the full development lifecycle from concept to customers' hands. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and UI patterns and a passion for exploring "what's next" in product design as a tastemaker and storyteller. You have a deep understanding of visual systems and best practices, including layout, typography, production, art direction and motion design. You bring a desire to coach others, facilitate collaborative sessions like brainstorms and workshops and contribute to the growth of the Amazon Design Community and its initiatives.
You lead the way in innovating new patterns and set standards for design excellence, thinking holistically about the "why" of all that we ship. You advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer goals. You can visualize an idea in the abstract, confidently present to senior leadership, and translate that vision into concise deliverables and hands-on building with engineering teams, ultimately elevating the visual experience of millions of Alexa customers around the world.
Learn more about working as a designer at Amazon, visit amazon.design and at dribbble.com/AmazonDesign
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
• 2+ years of experience as a visual UI designer, interaction designer or similar role
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through design concepts, case studies, documentation, mockups and style guides
• Experience in a design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, Adobe CC and Keynote.
• A well-crafted portfolio that demonstrates experience creating innovative visual design solutions
• Demonstrates experience crafting design concepts that inform the future vision for a digital product
• Ability to define, plan and validate long-term design strategies
• Experience art directing motion designers, illustrators, writers and content creators
• Experience partnering with technical partners for design implementation
• Experience designing for mobile apps or other interactive digital platforms.
• High proficiency in design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch) and prototyping tools such as InVision, Figma or Principle
• Ability to navigate ambiguity to drive the design cycle and multitask in an fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top