The Amazon Mexico team is looking for a talented, smart, and experienced Senior Vendor Manager to help us build an exceptional and authoritative category.
Joining the Mexico Retail team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. The Senior Vendor Manager will be responsible for managing a set of categories within different categories (including reporting, driving unit, revenue and margin growth, and executing promotions), negotiating direct relationships with key brands, driving incremental selection , and working with stakeholder teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience that will result in category leadership in the online market segment.
We expect the Senior Vendor Manager (SVM) to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, extreme attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. The SVM must be an effective negotiator, leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and a sense of humor.
• BA/BS degree or certificate of completion of studies required
• A background (9+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
• Minimum of 2+ years negotiation experience
• 3-5 years of data analysis, problem solving and project management skills
• 3-5 years managing large data sets using Excel
• Fluent in English/Spanish
• Master's degree (MBA)
• The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and a sense of humor.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor management experience a must
• Strong numerical and analytical aptitude - must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience with SQL and Microsoft Access a plus.
• Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
• Proactive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
Please send your Resume in the English version.