The US Movies & TV Vendor Management team is looking for an experienced professional with a background in vendor management, account development or product management to negotiate, develop and manage relationships with major movies and TV studios. The Senior Vendor Manager will manage the relationship between select movie studios and Amazon.com, serving as the primary liaison. The Vendor Manager will be expected to drive the business growth, lead negotiation of terms and support, vendor P&L management and drive new merchandising and marketing programs. The successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, with a track record of successful relationship management, and strong analytical acumen, with experience generating and managing reports and analyses.
The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills, as well as coach and develop internal support teams.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven history of delivering results.
• 3+ years experience in negotiations and vendor management
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data.
• Track record of delivering results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business.
• Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
• High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment figuring it out and adapting as you go.
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
• MBA with relevant business experience.
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development.
• Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects.