Sr UX/Designer - International Seller Services
- Seattle, WA
The ISS organization develops solutions that enable sellers around the world, including the software platform and applications that drive demand generation, customer acquisition, seller integration, customer relationship management, and order management functions necessary for sellers to manage their business online at Amazon. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Sr. UX Designer. You have a passion for uncovering customer wants and needs, and translating them into highly differentiated products that will grow Sellers business. You will also work in close collaboration with teams from across all of Amazon, as those teams build their own upstream/downstream services.
The ideal candidate is a passionate yet pragmatic visionary who can gather and synthesize customer data, behaviors, motivations and preferences to propose new solutions. You are experienced at combining qualitative and quantitative data and practices, and are expert at telling a cohesive story with your findings. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You have global perspective and experience leveraging diverse market and customer needs, educating a core product and business teams with this knowledge. In this role you will work closely with business stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deliver complex, high quality, scalable products deployed around the world.
** We are open to hiring this role in any U.S. location with an Amazon corporate office. See list of locations here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/locations/?&continent=north_america&cache.
• Contribute to the design of desirable products and user interfaces, developing personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, in a team environment
• Conduct design reviews showing a strong ability to communicate design ideas and the customer and business impact of designs
• Measure the impact of research and recommendations using Amazon's wealth of data, industry best practices, and measurement tools of your own creation.
• Enhance and expand existing user research techniques and practices to obtain in-depth knowledge from Sellers around the world (China, Japan, EU, emerging markets) and usable insights about current and future seller behaviors and expectations.
• Develop deep understanding and empathy for our target customers (Sellers, Account Managers) through a mixture of new or best practices that you identify to be most effective.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
• 6+ years of industry experience in product, web, and mobile UX design.
• BA/BS degree in graphic design, HCI, interaction design, or related field. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
• Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful principal design work and leadership, with a deep understanding of human-centered design principles.
• Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience.
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and/or stakeholders.
• Ability to organize, plan, and stay ahead of the work.
• Work must consistently demonstrate a strong aesthetic judgement and training, in addition to exemplary UX skills.
• Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools
• Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top