Sr. UX Researcher VOC, Home Innovation Team
- Sydney, Australia
The Home Innovation Team (HIT) is on a mission to reshape the shopping journey and help customers through some of the most complex purchases they can make - the ones for home furnishings and decor. We are looking for a quantitative-minded, Sr. UX Researcher, VOC to help us raise the bar on the customer's experience in these areas. Partnering with a group of seasoned UX designers, researchers, product managers and engineers, you'll help inform our teams on how to meet the needs of customers and help customers make more informed purchasing decisions, while helping to mold the future of shopping.
In this role, you will:
• Contribute to the development and establishment of a research program focused on measuring customer experience outcomes / Voice of the Customer, which provides thought leadership to product teams and the broader organization
• Design, distribute, and analyze quantitative customer satisfaction, feature feedback, and other customer sentiment surveys
• Work with Product partners to establish Voice of the Customer success metrics and tools for tracking and developing ongoing program improvement plans to meet relevant business needs
• Work with Business Intelligence to triangulate insights with key top-of-funnel metrics (e.g. usage, engagement) by segment and develop regular ways to report on drivers of movement with recommended action items aligned to business goals
• Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types leading to focused, insightful, and actionable insights that persuade and inspire partners and decision makers to take concerted, informed actions
• Work with design, product management, engineering, and marketing partners to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes, and iteratively design and test these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong
• Build durable, scalable points-of-view and knowledge management tools that are leveraged within the Home Innovation Team and by other organizations across Amazon
• Define, execute, and invent research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to user testing, field research, remote testing, and A-B tests - as needed
• Advocate for the right insights and prioritization of research - ensure the right research questions are being asked; educate the organization on opportunities revealed by your own research and that of others; create and execute against long-term research roadmaps and opportunity frameworks that align to and inform high-level business strategy and goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical teams and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This position requires deep customer focus, the desire to learn, the ability to dive deep and invent, a sense of urgency, and the maturity to make hard decisions fast.
• At least 6-8 years of experience contributing to the design of successful digital products and services, with a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables, and the ability to extract actionable insights from data that illustrates how your research contributed to this success.
• Broad experience designing and running a full range of research methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioral, with deep expertise in one or more areas.
• Deep understanding of the design process and how research is appropriately integrated at each phase.
• Deep understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and limitations as applied to the design of interactive systems.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
• Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment.
• Ability to mentor and guide others to successful outcomes.
• Strategic, business-building approach to UX research with a passion for translating data into bottom-line impact.
• Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work.
• Bachelor's degree in Customer Research, Statistics, or a related field of study
• 8+ years of hands-on experience conducting UX and market research in an applied setting.
• MA/MS in Customer Research, Statistics, or a related field of study
• Solid portfolio of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics informing digital product decisions and resulting in improved customer outcomes
• Experience using survey and qualitative analysis tools like Qualtrics, SPSS, R, to name a few
• Programmatic research experience defining and prioritizing customer segments and conducting foundational UX research
• Experience researching and developing experiences for global markets
• Thinking big, yet nimbly, in a highly results-driven, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top