Sr. UX Researcher
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. This is an opportunity to join a growing team that is working to build an exciting new Amazon business in voice.
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated User Researcher to join our Research and Analytics team. Our research work ranges from formative to evaluative studies, immersive field research to rigorous usability and lab studies to address research needs for all phases of design and product development. You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about UX design, comfortable in a fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the user experience of the Alexa service. You should have broad skills in user research, product research, and design research methods and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts. You will work with minimal direction to quickly deliver high-quality outputs. There will be overlapping projects, so you are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself. Most of all, you're excited by translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations.
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through field research, surveys, personas, lab studies, and other methods (existing or invented) that you identify to be most effective.
- Work closely with product and design teams to identify research topics, and build a research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure relevancy.
- Ability to create research roadmaps that impact product lifecycles using a variety of appropriate techniques.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Ability to develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience quality of a feature, product or system.
- Understand different data types from different sources and perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar, and 7+ years' professional experience in related field.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis is required.
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports).
- The ability to understand, analyze and interpret complicated data
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
- Experience in multimodal systems design research.
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience and role of user research.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top