Sr. UX Designer – Sub-Segment Dev & Program Management Team
Why this job is an awesome opportunity
- Build high quality design solutions to meet the needs of our increasingly diverse customers across multiple retail categories and geographies.
- Lead UX strategy, decisions, and implementation for the launch of a start up team at Amazon.
- Work with usability data and understand the core components in order to collaboratively set objectives and goals.
What you'll work on
To achieve our mission of having earth's largest selection, we seek a customer base that reflects the diversity of our population. To that end, you will be responsible for high-quality design solutions with wide impact user interface and interaction design to meet the needs of targeted customers.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with a real passion for customer experience and overall creative design, a high standard for user-centered problem solving, and a dream to create something new. To be successful, you will need experience with and working knowledge of the end-to-end design process including discovery, customer/persona and competitive research, reality and/or design mapping, process flows and site maps, wireframes, and mock ups.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- At least four (4) years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wire-frames for complex web applications
- Familiarity with user interface patterns for mobile and web
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with or background in visual design
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree is ideal
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top