We are seeking Sr. UX Designer for the Amazon sign in and account creation experience to craft simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences that connect customer to Amazon to shop, watch video, and more. The ideal candidate will thrive in ambiguous problem spaces and seek to invent simple, elegant solutions to complex challenges that contextually communicate the right thing in the right place at the right time to customers; they role partners closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to deliver great work for customers.
Amazon's Shopping Design team designs the shopping journey for Amazon customersfrom discovery and evaluation of products and programs, to writing and reading product reviews, to gifting and saving products for later, to checking out and completing purchases. We're also the team that defines the UX guidelines and design language (codified in our shopping design system) that enables teams across Amazon to design on-brand shopping experiences efficiently and at scale.
• 8+ years of professional experience as a UX designer or interaction designer.
• An online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
• A total of 6+ years as a visual designer, creative director, art director, or similar role
• A strong portfolio of user-centered visual design work.
• Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Invision, or similar
• Bachelor's, or equivalent degree, in Creative Direction, Graphic Design, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
• An exceptional portfolio of innovative, customer-centric work that demonstrates user-centered design excellence.
• Demonstration of comprehensive knowledge of the best practices, tools, and trends in user-centered design, particularly in the mobile device context.
• Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to give and receive feedback as well as communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.