Sr. UX Designer - Merch by Amazon
- Sunnyvale, CA
Who we are
Do you love fashion and graphic apparel? Are you inspired by makers, creators and DIY businesses that are taking advantage of on demand product creation? At Merch by Amazon, we print t-shirts (and sweatshirts, and hoodies, and phone cases and PopSockets). On-demand. For any Amazon customer who orders them. On behalf of thousands of entrepreneurial designers who upload merchandise designs to our site (merch.amazon.com).
Since launching in 2015, we have scaled our business to the US, UK, and Germany across several types of apparel and retail products - and we're just getting started. We empower content creators of all sizes, from amateur designers to large brands, to scale their merchandise sales globally without the constraints of managing inventory or a supply chain.
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer to define, design, and deliver customer obsessed design solutions across Merch by Amazon experiences including retail shopping, the content creator experience, and our print on demand ecosystem.
Who you are
As the ideal candidate you will look around corners; anticipating customer and business needs to define, design and deliver experiences that enable our customers to scale their print on demand merchandise sales using Merch by Amazon.
To accomplish this, you will be responsible for developing experiences that drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization, with our end customers, and the content creator community - working closely with our partners in research, design, development, and product management across Amazon, while socializing concepts and building consensus. Because the scope of this position will extend across a number of features, the ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design is imperative.
If you enjoy doing the following, you'll enjoy this role:
• Creating holistic UX solutions that span the entire customer journey.
• Designing experiences that maximize customer productivity and engagement.
• Seeing patterns and connecting dots as part of your daily process.
• Working strategically with internal and external executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver visionary and customer-focused solutions.
• Being an empathic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
• Self-starting projects who thrives on ambiguity and are comfortable handling different roles as needed.
What you'll do:
• Analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create a cohesive, best-in-class experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Contribute to the architecture of near and long-term user experience visions for features and product lines across applicable devices and locales.
• Create conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer; fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, technology and business.
• Deliver high quality creative products while insisting on high standards and attention to detail.
• Present to business, design, development, and executive-level leadership.
• Support your design rationale using quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
• Partner with project management and development teams to review and implement your design solutions.
• Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
• Scope design initiatives and manage/prioritize work items.
• Define best practices for designing print on demand products.
• 8+ years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or equivalent experience.
• Portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to create successful customer experiences; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and data reflecting the importance of the impact to the customer.
• Proficiency in design software such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to prototype user experiences using Invision, Axure or similar tools.
• Experience writing UX copy for your designs.
We are open to hiring this role to sit long-term in San Diego, Seattle or New York. Initial relocation would not be required; that date would be determined by Amazon's future return-to-office date.
• Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, research and marketing.
• Visual and or graphic design experience for fashion, graphic apparel or commercial products
• Experience testing your solutions with customers; leveraging customer feedback and data to revise and improve your design solutions and drive feature prioritization.
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize work.
• Experience presenting to and advising senior management; able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication.
• Experience creating responsive design solutions.
• Past experience in print on demand, screen printing or product imprinting production
• Proficiency in HTML/ CSS and responsive web development
• Retail/E-commerce design experience in a global context
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top