Sr. UX Designer, Marketplace Platform
Want to create the tools for one of the biggest drivers of entrepreneurship anywhere in the world? Over two million third party sellers from nine countries run a wide variety of businesses through the Amazon Marketplace platform. As we continue to innovate on behalf of our customers, we are looking for a Sr. UX Designer to help drive product vision from concept through fruition.
About Amazon Marketplace Platform
We provide the tools that enable Sellers to successfully engage with Amazon. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique SKUs providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics, Apparel to Consumables and beyond.
What You Bring
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will help drive product vision by having a direct impact on the user experience of the tools that enable our marketplace to operate. Together we'll improve, iterate, and reimagine the design patterns for our worldwide marketplace.
You have an "anything is possible" mindset when faced with seemingly hard problems and thrive on designing fluid interactions. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn't afraid to swing for the fences. You're proud of your work, your skills and expertise – but flexible and open to cross-functional team input, as you want to be part of something great.
Specifically, you will:
- Deliver user-centered designs (including wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and prototypes), informed by customer research, and market analysis across multiple devices and platforms
- Participate in the planning process for new features and projects while collaborating with an agile, multi-disciplinary team
- Introduce, develop, and ensure best design practices, processes and communicate quality expectations organizationally
- Own the production of world-class deliverables and documents for presentation to engineers, managers, peer design teams, and senior executives
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- At least 8 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great scalable user-centered design solutions
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) Sketch and prototyping tools.
- Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large-scale strategic design initiatives with a bias toward scalable systems and patterns
- Strong design thinking, human centered design skills with expertise in user-centric design processes and execution across all levels (high-level strategy through execution)
- Demonstrated design expertise creating highly usable designs and multi-device design layouts with a propensity towards simplification
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Have designed products with combined web UI and API use cases
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top