Sr. UX Designer (Location Flexible + Open to Remote)
- Santa Monica, CA
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon assembled a team with a wide variety of skillsfrom research scientists and program managers to supply chain specialists and software engineersto focus on creating a scalable molecular diagnostic testing program. The initiative included building two state-of-the-art testing labs in Kentucky, U.S. and Manchester, UK. Combined, these labs have processed millions of tests and proved to be an invaluable benefit for Amazon's front-line workers during the pandemic. In the U.S., we're now able to offer this reliable and convenient testing option to our customers via Amazon.com.
We are excited to enable testing on a global scale to both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running, but here at Amazon Diagnostics it remains Day 1. We have much more work to do to help improve the medical diagnostics healthcare experience for customers, and connect them with the treatment and care they need.
As a Senior UX Designer supporting Amazon's testing initiatives, you will optimize existing testing experiences while leading design visioning to support an exciting roadmap. You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats. You create highly functional, globally durable user experiences that demonstrate a passion for relentlessly optimizing processes. Your recommendations increase productivity and safety. Collaboration is critical to your process. Your work is informed by partners, research, metrics, and high judgement.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Lead design for future-state roadmap to support an increasingly vaccinated world
• Design to optimize or reinvent operations & services for diagnostic testing.
• Design for a coherent design system across digital and physical touchpoints.
• Work in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever necessary
• Use business requirements, technical input, and research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and design requirements independently
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and alignment with designers, product managers, program managers, engineers, operations, and compliance to deliver design recommendations
• Design conceptual diagrams, wireframes, information architecture, high-fidelity mock-ups, simple prototypes, and interaction specifications.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts and rationale for design decisions clearly and persuasively across different audiences including senior leadership.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns that scale for your team and influence other designers.
• Refine and extend screen comps based on an established visual toolkit
• Define and document process flows for operations.
• Lead research initiatives to understand your users and processes
• 8+ years' experience designing applications with multiple user touch points with specialty in web and application design.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and InDesign.
• Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Flinto, Figma, ProtoPie, and InVision.
• Online portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process, as well as visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
• Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model with implementation model.
• Able to identify and mitigate risk on projects.
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
• Expertise in UX performance optimization using qualitative and quantitative assessment.
• Experience designing for global markets.
• Proficiency in accessibility.
• Usability testing experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the latest interaction design patterns and trends.
• Familiarity with designing for UI for specific physical contexts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top