Sr. UX Designer, Global IT Futures
Amazon employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. That's a lot of technology being used by a massive and incredibly diverse workforce. Our challenge is to create the next innovation in mobile & cross-platform support tools that will impact thousands on a daily basis. Our employees are our customers, and we want the best customer experience possible. That's where you come in.
This role will help drive the direction for how Amazonians find tech help when they have trouble, and support others in need within the company. The mobile app will include multiple never-before-tried features, each of which provides deep design challenges. You'll be making critical decisions that help make sure our internal-facing app still has the same high bar for design and usability that we expect for anything we launch publicly.
UX Designers at Amazon are experienced product designers who are capable of producing great UI concepts, developing those concepts into complete and well-documented frameworks, producing great visual concepts, and developing and delivering those concepts in high fidelity with highest-quality fit and finish. As the multidisciplinary core of our design practice, UX Designers are expected to help creatively shape and drive the customer experience. Our designers understand mobile design and always work mobile first.
In this role, you'll lead the UX vision and collaborate with other talented designers, as well as exceptional engineers and product leaders. You should be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract, then translating it into specific interaction and UI designs. Most of all, you must be a passionate about doing what is right for Amazon's customers, both inside and outside the company.
- Bachelor's, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and patterns, especially on mobile
- Experience presenting to and earning buy-in from your team and leadership
- An understanding of how design impacts development and vice versa, along with a knack for constructing designs that are technically feasible
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Ability to prototype using tools like InVision, Flinto, Framer or similar, or an ability to prototype directly in code
- Proficiency in English, with great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- An ability to manage and prioritize your design work independently
- A desire and ability to work with an incredibly diverse and talented team
- Experience designing for solutions for IT, web tool services, banking, B2B, technology or similar problem areas
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top