Sr. UX Designer, Fashion Search
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon's European Fashion Customer Experience team owns defining and delivering Amazon's cutting-edge initiatives to customers WW. We do this by developing our own customer-facing features, services and platforms and through partnerships with Amazon technical teams around the world.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us drive the direction of our next-generation shopping experience. As a UX designer, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of our Fashion customers and defining experience that enables them to discover, evaluate and buy products in an efficient and enjoyable way.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to create simple, elegant and user-centered designs, demonstrated ability to balance high-level strategy with detail-oriented feature design, account for technical requirements/limitations and design for mobile and desktop channels.
• Deliver high quality creative designs across diverse products and devices
• Invest into understanding customer needs through driving customer/UX research and usability studies
• Lead cross-team conceptual development, partnering with other designers, PMs, engineers and business teams
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define feature requirements
• Develop wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
• Provide thought leadership in architecting short- and long-term visions for the fashion-buying experience
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume in English and portfolio. Here are a couple of things that we would love to see in your portfolio:
• Short project descriptions
• Wireframes/mockups/sketches, anything that helps us understand your process
• Examples of the prototypes/research work/ usability
• Examples research work/ usability
• Final design artifacts
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a history of creating customer-focused, simple and intuitive designs.
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI or related field, or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
• 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other on-device applications.
• Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present to and influence other designers, PMs, engineers and senior management.
• Ability to define and drive your roadmap and requirements to reach your goals, with input from manager and other leaders.
• Ability to drive usability research to test design concepts with customers
• Experience leading design projects in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team including designers, product managers, and software developers.
• A desire and ability to work with and for a diverse group of colleagues and customers.
• Experience measuring the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals.
• Familiarity with research methodologies and turning customer feedback into actionable findings.
• Experience prototyping in Framer, or relevant prototyping tool.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design concepts, emerging technologies, and other developments in the user experience field.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
Back to top