Sr. UX Designer
If you want to make a huge impact in Amazon Retail business by defining the product vision for some of Amazon's largest categories and work with some of the best engineering teams in the world, this is the job for you. The Hardlines Customer Experience (HCX) team is seeking a Sr. UX Designer who wants to bring new and innovative ideas to Amazon.com.
HSX creates new customer experiences in search, discovery, compatibility and shopping for products across all Hardlines categories. This position will help invent, manage, and deliver new customer experiences that gives Amazon customers new ways to interact with the company.
Our ideal candidate will exhibit a strong passion for building top-notch web and mobile experiences, and a well-rounded set of design skills.
- Work with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements, user scenarios, and use cases
- Create, define, and communicate world-class experiences to engineers, managers, peer designers, and senior executives
- Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and mockups to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Craft user-centered designs that consider usability findings, customer feedback, site metrics, market analysis, and more
- Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new features and projects
- Refine your designs by considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies
- Assist in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies
- Develop and contribute to wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Work with a top-notch engineering and business teams to understand and respond to their design needs
- Co-develop a reusable, adaptable UX pattern library for use across Amazon.com
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex requirements into intuitive and elegant UIs
- Cultivate a shared understanding across teams of the customer-centric intersection between design, business, and technology through on-going reviews
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities
- Finally, you must have fun in the process
- At least 5 years delivering experience design solutions as a UX designer, interaction designer or information architect
- BS or MS in in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related field or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
- Strong ability to prototype in HTML, CSS or other preferred tools.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- An unfailing passion and capability to advocate on behalf of our users.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top