Sr. UX Designer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. Our services scale to staggering levels, are highly distributed, and are really fun to work with. The AWS WWSO (Worldwide Specialist Organization) Team works to deliver the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to global customers who have unique access control, security, and compliance requirements. AWS's rapid worldwide expansion creates new challenges in data protection, availability, and growth.
As a Sr. UX Designer on the AWS WWSO team you will be responsible for leading a variety of design initiatives across a brand-new suite of solutions and features. You will work alongside product management and engineering to define and build the essential lovable product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
Your core responsibilities are:
• Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
• Design the visual design of the web and software applications
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
• Contribute to the User Experience group's shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
To succeed you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you understand what the customers need and you don't rest until we deliver it. You are detail-driven, with a strong technical background and excellent problem-solving skills. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You have a solid understanding of UX design fundamentals. You are comfortable briefing senior leadership, even when you have bad news; you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• 3+ years of experience designing for B2C or B2B solutions with sophisticated analytics capabilities
• 2+ years of experience delivering design for mini-app in WeChat
• A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Experience with a variety of design tools such as Axure, Sketch, Invision, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks etc.
• Experience designing for mobile, touch, voice and web.
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
Back to top