Looking to lead and drive big design solutions and projects? How about taking on a big role and a real challenge? The Finance Technology (FinTech) team is seeking a talented and passionate Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing UX Design team. This Sr. UX Designer will have a significant impact on our business as they lead the design direction and implementation for FinTech products. This key team member will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers, leading design throughout the strategy, design, and development life-cycle.
We are looking for candidates who are:
• capable of designing simple and elegant experiences for typical end users
• capable of accommodating important edge use cases to assure an awesome experience across the spectrum of end users without detracting from the typical user experience
• consistently produce crisp UX graphics that encourage end user thoughts and actions to offer them the best user experience for their objectives
• knowledgeable about the full life cycle of new product/service development
• able to understand and compliment the work of the technical and engineering development and operational staff they work with to deliver results
• able to proactively stay in touch with their end user community to assure they understand and deliver on their needs
• willing to collaborate in a larger design community within Amazon to strengthen the results of their specific program commitments.
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
• Minimum 5-7 years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
• Ability to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation.
• Proficiency in a variety of standard design tools such as Sketch and InVision.
• Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Experience driving user research/usability tests and interpreting usability test data.
• Experience with agile/scrum.
• Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
• Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams.
• An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
• Experience and/or familiarity with financial and accounting systems and concepts.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.