Sr. UX Designer - Amazon Go
Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout —you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Learn more at amazon.com/go.
Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Shopping experience uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join a visionary team that continues to push the state of the art and improve the daily lives of customers.
We are the Amazon Go UX Design Team and our mission is to reinvent physical retail. We're addressing huge business opportunities through groundbreaking design and technology, innovating on behalf of customers, and crafting never-before experienced concepts that people love. If this sounds intriguing, we'd like to talk to you about an exciting role on our team as an UX Designer.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are hungry to move fast and build groundbreaking experiences that change customers' lives.
- You are great at identifying and solving for key unmet customer needs within a complex space.
- You are a principled design thinker who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users.
- You are an empathic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
- You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
- You are an UX Designer with a portfolio showing strong Visual Design skills.
- Extraordinary portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful UX design leadership and exemplary understanding of user-centered design principles with a strong competency in visual design.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role.
- Experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects need.
- Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience.
- Fluency in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience developing UX across different types of devices and screen sizes, including influencing non-digital aspects of customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Flinto.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through shipped designs, mockups and/or style guides.
- Expertise in typographic principles and design.
- Brand and identity development.
- Experience with motion design and illustration is a plus.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top