Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? Are you looking for an opportunity to directly interact with and validate your designs with real customers? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
We're looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer to lead design for a suite of applications that help Amazon's business leaders seamlessly transform their visions into annual operational plans, secure headcount, and close the loop from resource execution back to strategic vision. The role presents an opportunity to engage with executives, learn how Amazon's organizations strategically fund initiatives, and design solutions for a unique customer base that includes people managers, senior executives, business operations managers, and financial analysts.
Responsibilities include, but aren't limited to:
• Owning development of UX strategy for new products and integration of existing ones in collaboration with senior product managers
• Creating comprehensive user workflows and layouts that support and reinforce business objectives
• Advocating for designs to the project sponsors
• Creating and evaluating designs with a diverse range of customers, including people managers, senior executives, business operations, and financial analysts
• Creating solutions that can be adopted globally, and flexible to all Amazon organizations
• Designing an ecosystem where the user experience is seamless across multiple applications
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides).
• Minimum 6 years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
• Ability to define patterns and advocate for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation.
• Proficiency in Sketch and InVision.
• Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Experience driving user research/usability tests and interpreting usability test data.
• Experience with agile/scrum. Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
• Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams.
• Experience and/or familiarity with financial and accounting systems and concepts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.