Sr. UX Designer, Amazon Embark
- Seattle, WA
With thousands of new hires joining Amazon globally each year, it is very important to acculturate them to Amazon's Day 1 culture and set them up for success in their new job. We work across the product development lifecycle and pride ourselves for solving really big problems with design thinking and toward this the Global Learning & Development goal, our UX team is building the next generation of pre boarding and on boarding platforms and is looking for a Sr. UX Designer with drive, ideas and a passion to help shape the experience for new hires at Amazon.
You will work with cross-functional teams across human resources that are reinventing the new hire and onboarding experience for Amazon to envision and design best-in-class user experiences to be used by thousands of new hires at Amazon globally each year. Your responsibility in this role will be to craft elegant and simple interfaces that solve complex interaction problems.
Strong interaction design skills underpinned by strong visual design and content design skills are required for this role.
You'll need strong attention to detail as well as an eagerness to tackle design problems at scale. You should be able to understand established design patterns and standards methodologies, but always feel the need to do better. You'll make things elegant, beautiful, and smart to drive engagement and adoption.
We work across the product development cycle and pride ourselves for solving really big problems with design thinking. You will collaborate with our data, design, product and engineering teams and be responsible for creating ideas, communications, and interface for the new hire and onboarding experience.
Create world-class, user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product learnings, and user feedback.
Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes in alignment with HR design guidelines and best practices
Participate in user research, testing and product discovery
Communicate design work and negotiate future direction with peers, researchers, design leaders, product partners and executives
Should be a self-starter with proactive stance toward achieving success on projects
Communication skills strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
Strong interaction design skills and visual design skills, order to create and share simple user flows and vision mocks.
Hands-on design skills ability to create organized information architecture maps, demonstrate knowledge of UCD methodology
Ability to understand business requirements, and be technical enough to work closely with developers
Hands-on experience as a UX designer, interaction designer or similar role
Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
Experience in core design research, including competitive and landscape analysis, pattern research, qualitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation.
Specialist in designing across multiple devices from mobile, tablet, and desktop
Experience working with product managers and developers to deliver great experiences
Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users
Expert in design and prototyping tools (Sketch, In-vision, Keynote, Adobe CS, etc.)
A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work
• Minimum 6+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or similar UX-related role
• Minimum 6+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications
• Minimum 6+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience is a must.
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques, and patterns.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
• Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate user and business needs into fantastic solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong visual design skills to complement your UX skill.
• A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with product and tech partners from inception through implementation.
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on requirements independently.
• Fluency in best design practices across mobile, web platforms and devices, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
Back to top