Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing design and research studio. This senior user experience designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design direction for AWS Athena. Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, the designer will work collaboratively with a strong design team, engineers, product managers and executives. In addition, the senior user experience designer will be expected to be a design thought leader and mentor other designers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
It's not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
• Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
• Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
• Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
• Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
• Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
• Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
• Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• Portfolio of UX design work
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
• 6+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
• Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
• Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps..
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
• Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
• Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.