Sr. UX Designer, Amazon Appstore
The Amazon Appstore team is seeking a passionate, mobile-savvy designer interested in creating new products and experiences from concept to market. This is a unique opportunity to pioneer new strategic initiatives for Appstore on Fire Tablets and other next gen Amazon devices. We are looking for someone who has extensive experience with design strategy, emerging technology, lean ux and a honed visual aesthetic.
You'll partner with Amazon stakeholders and the extended Appstore product team to decide what many of our next gen products and services will look and behave like on the Amazon first party device ecosystem. As an influential design lead on the product team, you will inform our design activities via in depth user research, partner out-reach, and iterative implementation and analysis. You will identify opportunities, problem solve, and create engaging experiences for millions of customers worldwide.
- Contribute and lead design of new and engaging customer experiences in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
- Art direct or design the visual aesthetic of the mobile, device and web experiences
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, detailed user-interface specifications, and prototypes
- Present design work to the product team, user experience team, and other Appstore executives for review and feedback
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 5+ years professional experience a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered mobile design solutions
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, Visio, OmniGraffle, Sketch and InVision
- Proven ability to prototype user interactions and experiences
- Ability to collect, synthesize and react to feedback from the team leads, product leads and engineering leads
- Experience designing user interfaces on mobile devices
- Experience developing a design language and system that uses visuals, motion and sound in concert
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top