Sr. UX Designer, Alexa Music
- New York, NY
Come join the team that is building the future of music on Alexa. We are creating experiences that will let anyone leverage the power of Alexa to help customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge features that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
You will be working side-by-side with an amazing team of producers, UX designers, VUI designers, user researchers, and engineers to identify, define, and implement solutions that raise the bar on the Alexa customer experience. You must excel at communicating your designs effectively to the larger team and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
• Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
• Demonstrate leadership in driving design processes into the organization that help refine strategy.
• Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements.
• Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of voice experiences, mobile applications, and embedded screens.
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, Amazon.com executives, and external partners for review and feedback.
• Work with our usability and data science teams to assess and optimize new and existing features.
• Develop high level strategy for Alexa Entertainment customers for both near and long term.
• Collaborate with other design team members on Alexa entertainment experiences, frameworks, process, and best practices.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), design or equivalent professional experience.
• 7+ years of professional work experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role, on consumer products.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions and UI design expertise.
• High proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Azure, and the Adobe Creative Suite; command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.).
• Experience in conducting user research or in partnership with a UX Researcher.
• Experience crafting designs for voice interfaces is ideal, but not required. A strong interest in voice technology is a must.
• Deep understand and leadership on driving design culture into organizations
• A proven track record of insight based strategy leadership
• Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guide
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top